IBEX’S INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE SERVICES
International Business Express (“IBEX”) is a proven leader in Business Consulting and Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) services. IBEX has more than 16 years’ experience implementing, and managing projects within the Unites States of America and developing countries. Our expertise spans over 28 countries around the globe.
We have in place a team of consultants and engineers ready to provide top-notch Business Consulting and Technology Services.
A compilation of these efforts includes the following:
IBEX is the preferred small business partner of Hughes Network Systems for US Government agencies, both in CONUS & OCONUS
- Wireless Networks, VSAT, VOIP and Microwave
- Web application services
- Distance Learning, Training, Knowledge Management and Database Development
- Communication and Information Services (Workshops and Conference Support Services)
- Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
- Community learning centers (CLICs)
IBEX applies our global ICT solutions to help build capacity in developing nations:
- Workforce preparation
- Information Sharing
- Providing ICT access, to Under-Served Populations
- Promoting Innovation through the use of technology
- Lower computer labor cost
Global Solutions for Today’s Information Technology
5335 Wisconsin Ave, NW Suite 440 NW Washington, DC Ph 202/726-8761 www.ibexusa.com
IBEX’S CONTRIBUTION TOWARDS DEVELOPMENT
USAID – Leland Initiative AVOIR African Virtual Open Initiatives and Resources program in which, the goal of this program was to create and support the creation of business based on software products and the process of developing a business ecosystem. In order to build educational and trade capacity among software developers, educational specialists and others across seven universities throughout east Africa, IBEX procured the software, developed open source applications for the AVOIR network infrastructure in which we designed, installed and tested the networks
at each university through and installed the e-learning application KEWL to facilitate software design, development, and support capacity for higher education in more than 6 countries. Upon completion of the project, the educational institutions are now able to utilize the applications to design application for sale on the world market and also share information resources with other university within the AVOIR network.
- IBEX provided training for over 100 students to use of application for business development
- Procured Hardware and Software
- Logistics 7 universities 6 countries (Kenya, Uganda (2), Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda and Tanzania)
Project: GSA ACMIS Web Application Development, Hosting, Help Desk and Facilitation
IBEX was tasked with migrating a web portal application that was developed for the GSA Federal Acquisition Institute (FAI) and was responsible for operating the system, help desk and, for managing the hosting of the system including all security and contingency planning activities associated with the ACMIS system.
IBEX provided functional statistical reports and answered ad hoc queries. Our team was successful in migrating the ACMIS system despite the fact that there was very little system documentation available for the system and many of the system modules existed in executable form only— initially no source code was made available by the previous contractor. IBEX was successful in enhancing the performance of the ACMIS system and actively participated in FAI’s effort to integrate ACMIS with OPM’s EHRI database and, trained acquisition personnel on using the system. Some features of this program included:
- Secure and highly available hosting of technical infrastructures: Provided GSA/FAI with secure hosting facilities which met FIPS compliance, NIST & GSA
- Overall helpdesk/call center capabilities: Operated a Level I, II & III help desk at a remote secure hosting site and worked with the Federal Acquisition Institute (FAI) to formulate agency Level I help desk procedures for secure
- System enhancement and modification processes and procedures: Worked with the agency and stakeholders to define a compliant process supporting FAI
- Quality of service and products: Ensured high quality service using GSA and NIST standard hardware and software that ensured quality products along with conducting application
- IBEX provided training to support 152 executive bureaus within the federal
SBA Webinars Series IBEX assisted the SBA in meeting its goal through the design and development of “The Smart Business Development Advisor” Webinar series, which targeted 7(j) eligible businesses nationwide including firms that were in the developmental and transitional stages of the 8(a) Business Development Program.
- IBEX provided interactive live-broadcast
- Electronic flyers of the 12 webinars
- Designed and developed webinar site
- Conducted Webinars
Raise Plus Ukraine (Agriculture/Legal and Regulatory Reform)
As a subcontractor to Abt Associates on this RAISE PLUS IQC task order. IBEX was tasked wi working with local farmers to provide facilitation services and workshops on agriculture and food sector, which accounts for approximately a quarter of GDP, to grow rapidly and allow Ukraine to adopt modern technology, and enable the country to integrate quickly into the global trading system.
- Technical Assistance
- Data Collection
Web Enabled Report Card, DC Public Schools: IBEX was awarded a contract from DC Public Schools to develop a pilot for a Web Accessible Elementary School report card with a database repository which allowed teachers, administrators and principals to have access to student reporting information through a secure and encrypted website. In addition, IBEX conducted Web Report Card information entry and management training for hundreds of teacher’s train-the trainer classes in order to achieve rapid implementation.
- The program promoted support for teacher professional development through innovation. Students and Parents are now able to receive accurate updated reporting information and teachers can now focus their activities on teaching students through knowledge gained through structured learning.
Community Learning Information Centers (CLIC), Mali: entailed communication hardware in which IBEX provided the planning and network design, for Satellite based, high speed internet connections to 10 Community Learning Information Centers (CLIC) in Mali. This program was implemented by IBEX for USAID, under subcontract to the Academy for Educational Development (AED).
Use of this program has provided access to ICTs by those within the education sector, which has provided the following capabilities:
- Support for teacher professional development through computer-mediated networks that facilitate tele- collaboration
- Development of networks that promote student collaboration both within their country and with students abroad
- Utilize computers in classrooms for online access to the latest textbooks and teaching materials
Private Satellite Network Program, European Union: PSI-SYS, Inc. awarded a service subcontract to IBEX, to provide site surveys, cutovers and installation, support and training as called upon, for thirty-five sites earth stations, for voice and data traffic throughout Africa on the Equant private network, using technical, training and managerial professionals from both the US and Africa. Via these systems, IBEX provided the capability for Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). In this program, IBEX has overcome such obstacles as arranging import of the equipment, obtaining telephone lines and interfacing with disparate target user groups.
- Through the use of this program, we were able to help provide access to rural telecommunication solutions.